.drop { float:left; color: black; font-size: 100px; line-height: 80px; padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 5px; font-family: arial; }

Dance of the Puppets

Like a bat on a hot tin roof since August 2005

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Heroine addiction

Oh dear, I can feel it coming on again. My obsession for lame female characters has struck again, and in the most unexpected place.

I winced along with everyone else when the first promo pics appeared showing her broken-backed T&A stance. I laughed along at her shiny, shiny plastic skin. I didn't even bother reading Battle for Bludhaven, but I may have to now. I'm sure I can pick it out of a bargain bin at the next comic fair. It was only when I leafed through Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters #2 that my interest was sparked.

Who am I talking about? Well the art in Uncle Sam may be a little heavily over-airbrushed with shadows, but there's only one female character in it, and she has a degree in quantum physics.

It's Stormy Knight, physicist and supermodel. And I'm aching to see her written in a way that would make me believe she really is the science nerd she claims to be. Even if it means designing gedanken in a thong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ragnell said...

You HAVE to read Battle for Bludhaven. She's the only normal-seeming person in the whole miniseries.

It's amazing.

9:30 am  
Blogger SallyP said...

You know, her parents had to have had an...odd sense of humor. Stormy Knight? Puleeeeze. It is even better that she has black hair. Now she's a DARK and Stormy Knight. Bwahaha! Sometimes I must kill myself.

5:44 pm  
Blogger Marionette said...

You better be quick. I hear there's a queue forming.

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home