Monday, October 03, 2005

Nailing my colours to the mast

During the month of November you may find things a little quiet around here as I have decided to take up the NaNoWriMo challenge and attempt to write a novel in a month. But just to make sure I really make a complete and utter fool of myself doing it I will be blogging the whole thing.

My novel in a month blogsite can be found here, but don't expect to see much action there until November 1st. After that I will be posting each day's writing as I go along. Any encouragement or support in this mad venture will be welcomed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I've tried NaNoWriMo several times and have always had fun doing it.

Disintegrating Clone said...

Excellent. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a laugh, and I'm already in training by waking up at five in the morning worrying about plots.

The only drawback about blogging a novel (apart from exposing a work-in-progress to the entire world, of course) is that it becomes unpublishable, in the sense that publishers will consider your internet-based work to be already in the public domain, and therefore wouldn't put it out as a book even if it was a work of genius.

Don't take my word on this as gospel, though - I just read it on the old Nanowrimo forums.