Friday, October 28, 2005

Nobody home

Regular readers will notice the lack of anything regular to read lately. I know I said that posts might be few and far between during November as I am supposed to be writing my novel then, but my head has been so full of it lately that I haven't had much time to think about a lot else.

For those that are interested the current title is Candy Frankenstein and the Ordinary Phoenix and it's kind of vaguely along the lines of what might happen if Tim Burton directed a transgendered version of Harry Potter. Originally it started as something quite different but after several weeks of carefully plotting out scenes I realised I had only the first half of the story worked out and I had two other competing ideas for novels and I couldn't decide which. The current version is sort of a hybrid of various ideas but with very little in the way of planning other than a couple of interesting characters and an intention to get very snarky about Potterworld. And a lesbian love affair, of course.

2 comments:

Greg said...

You're totally cheating, thinking about it before hand. Real writers start cold on Tuesday! I have the name of my main character and the first line, and that's it! That's why I'm better than you are.

I'm looking forward to yours and the few others I know about. I hope I'll have time to read them all. Cheater.

The Misanthrope said...

Good luck with your writing next month.